tai chi day vid

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

tai chi day vid

Postby emptycloud on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:37 am

I don't know why but this tai chi vid made me want to buy a Lexus, subliminals..?

fearsome looking chap...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XRyc2kiTlM

Rich
Last edited by emptycloud on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
emptycloud

Re: tai chi day vid

Postby Andy_S on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:29 pm

Nice Taiji - and he is also built like a pile of boulders. I have never trained under him, but have heard goodly things.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby emptycloud on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:57 pm

emptycloud

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:12 pm

I would give it away tomorrow if I had that sort of disregard for my students
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby AJG on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:42 am

Teacher who picks a demo partner much smaller and weaker
Then has them feed piss weak unrealistic attacks to which he responds in a much stronger and faster fashion
Throws and hits them hard without any regard for their safety

Yep just another arsehole in pyjamas. It's just bullying to make oneself look good.
AJG
Anjing

Postby emptycloud on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:44 am

gets even better, he obviously has it in for the Irish.. first trip is a peach..ooh ya..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIhiA4UxNQg
Last edited by emptycloud on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
emptycloud

Postby taiwandeutscher on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:50 am

.... and he sells to any silk wearing women, too!
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:22 pm

RE: This

SNIP
Knocking seven bells

AND

It's just bullying to make oneself look good.
SNIP

I don't want to sound all macho and butch but...FFS! He is not "throwing and hitting them without regard for their safety" he is demonstrating techniques with a modicum of force!

In the first clip, everyone is laughing. In the second clip, it is one of his close students/disciples. I would be pretty certain that in both cases, they specifically asked for this kind of treatment. I would be astonished if either of the demo partners complained about excessive force. "Bullying?" C'mon.

Go to any boxing or kickboxing gym and you will experience rougher and scarier stuff in your first light sparring session.

Taiji is (well...kind of) an MA.

And In MAs, you sometimes have to MTFU.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby AJG on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:56 pm

Andy

It's not about MTFU, it's about demonstration an application using an appropriate amount of force relative to what you are receiving. The guy gets the dummy to practically stand there with a relaxed outstretched arm and reacts using all his strength and speed. And please let's nt start with " he was only using a fraction of his strength"

Those are just cheap shots designed to make the teacher look good. Show me a boxing clip of a coach that does that, I don't think you can because they don't peddle bullshit.

Let's agree to disagree as it's not worth discussing any more. Happy for you to go and get your arse kicked it you like.
AJG
Anjing

Postby willywrong on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:04 pm

AJG wrote:Andy

It's not about MTFU, it's about demonstration an application using an appropriate amount of force relative to what you are receiving.
The guy gets the dummy to practically stand there with a relaxed outstretched arm and reacts using all his strength and speed. And please let's nt start with " he was only using a fraction of his strength"

Those are just cheap shots designed to make the teacher look good. Show me a boxing clip of a coach that does that, I don't think you can because they don't peddle bullshit.

Let's agree to disagree as it's not worth discussing any more. Happy for you to go and get your arse kicked it you like.

I don't know what your seeing but I think he was relative too the message he was working to impart to the students present considering that English is not his first language. As Andy said it is a Martial Art is it not. :)
Last edited by willywrong on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willywrong

Postby dspyrido on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:37 pm

emptycloud wrote:I don't know why but this tai chi vid made me want to buy a Lexus, subliminals..?

fearsome looking chap...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XRyc2kiTlM

Rich

God I hated this video. Those bells. Those godamn bells. And ze cheeeeeeeee. It's all like some bad horror movie. Argh the horror.

I did watch it though and have also decided to order a white lexus. Not sure why either.
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby AJG on Fri May 01, 2015 12:14 am

God I hated this video. Those bells. Those godamn bells. And ze cheeeeeeeee. It's all like some bad horror movie. Argh the horror.

I did watch it though and have also decided to order a white lexus. Not sure why either.[/quote]

Wait until you see the other clips.
AJG
Anjing

Postby GrahamB on Fri May 01, 2015 12:32 am

Andy_S wrote:RE: This

SNIP
Knocking seven bells

AND

It's just bullying to make oneself look good.
SNIP

I don't want to sound all macho and butch but...FFS! He is not "throwing and hitting them without regard for their safety" he is demonstrating techniques with a modicum of force!

In the first clip, everyone is laughing. In the second clip, it is one of his close students/disciples. I would be pretty certain that in both cases, they specifically asked for this kind of treatment. I would be astonished if either of the demo partners complained about excessive force. "Bullying?" C'mon.

Go to any boxing or kickboxing gym and you will experience rougher and scarier stuff in your first light sparring session.

Taiji is (well...kind of) an MA.

And In MAs, you sometimes have to MTFU.

Andy is right - there's nothing wrong with the level of force - the guy knows how to breaks fall and he's on a mat.

Two things in this video are unforgivable though:

1. Your crash test dummy wearing glasses - wtf?

2. Demonstrating a defence to a single leg against somebody who does not know how to do a single leg - again!
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Spncr on Fri May 01, 2015 11:34 am

GrahamB wrote:Andy is right - there's nothing wrong with the level of force - the guy knows how to breaks fall and he's on a mat...

1. Your crash test dummy wearing glasses - wtf?

Also agree, the throws can't be too hard if the guy eating them chooses to keep his glasses on the whole time.
Spncr
Huajing

Postby GrahamB on Sat May 02, 2015 3:10 am

Elbows to the back of the head def can work against the shot but it helps if you have a fence or wall behind you. Like this

http://youtu.be/xzoGhutEL2I

But if you watch the slow mo replay it looks like the knee to the head just before it might have knocked him out first then the elbows just finished the job.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links