Trump Will be President

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Trump Will be President

Postby Steve James on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:43 am

I'm not into people vomiting their hate all over people who might not share the same beliefs or be the same.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:48 am

willie wrote:
grzegorz wrote:Speaking of incompetence...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12 ... ion-south/

Donald Trump attacks China on Twitter over currency manipulation and South China Sea deepening diplomatic row

How is attacking our biggest trading partner and the second most powerful country in the world on Twitter like a high school kid a good thing?

There is nothing to be gained by this. China is not going to do anything differently. Trump is just telegraphing that he's a Trumphole and making it harder on himself. Trump and us are fooked!

China is going to kick Trump's azz!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby willie on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:20 am

grzegorz wrote:

Hum... Not likely. i mean just look at how easily he kicked the living crap out of the clintons even though they cheated.
Hell they even had obama up there trying to convince american's not to vote for the guy and he still kicked their asses.
China will be begging trump for a better deal or china goes out of business.
Last edited by willie on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby Bill on Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:58 pm

Trump just grabbed Mainland China by the pussy !

8-) ;D 8-)
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby willie on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:45 pm

Bill wrote:Trump just grabbed Mainland China by the pussy !

8-) ;D 8-)

people talk like that... lol!
willie

Postby grzegorz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:24 pm

willie wrote:
grzegorz wrote:

Hum... Not likely. i mean just look at how easily he kicked the living crap out of the clintons even though they cheated.
Hell they even had obama up there trying to convince american's not to vote for the guy and he still kicked their asses.

LOL! Says the man who has never been to China and says that US unemployment is at 40% and all our factories have closed down and everything here sucks...
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby willie on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:04 pm

grzegorz wrote:
willie wrote:
grzegorz wrote:

LOL! Says the man who has never been to China and says that US unemployment is at 40% and all our factories have closed down everything here sucks...

This conversation with you is over...
Last edited by willie on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby grzegorz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:32 pm

Perhaps you will be more open to a discussion when there is talk of war with the dragon.

They drove us out of North Korea and helped chase us out of Nam, I am sure they would love to drive us out of Asia all together.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:32 pm

I wouldn't count on it.

Once the newer all robot factories come online Chinese labor will be worth nothing. And that means no access to hard currency as the mainland lacks any natural resources worth mentioning.

Combine that with the demographic damage caused by the one child policy and they are really screwed.

Keep in mind the Chinese didn't chase the US out of Vietnam so much as the American left threw a fit and we left.

Had the US Congress not cut off South Vietnams military aid money they very well may have still been around.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:21 pm

Well, when Chinese labor is worth nothing, what will US labor be worth? The issue is profit. Of course, the Chinese produces far more engineers and scientists. We're in way worse trouble than China and India in terms of producing scientists --who often come here for their educations and to teach.

Anyway, it's true that China didn't win the war in Vietnam. The Vietnamese say that they won; but, I remember that the whole point of the war was to stop the spread of communism (the so-called "domino theory). It didn't work, and communism didn't spread throughout SE Asia. And, McNamara admitted later that the Tonkin incidents were made up.

Yeah, I guess one could say that the American left "threw a fit", but it was over the nearly 60K American lives lost. And yeah, the left looked on the war as simple American aggression and propping up of a corrupt regime. People can disagree about that. And yeah, we could have bombed the entire country with napalm, daisy-cutters and agent orange, but the left argued that that's exactly what we were doing and didn't like it. People protested and got shot too.

Well, it'll be interesting to see what happens with NKorea. I think that Don might actually have Kim at an advantage
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:32 pm

Well there is evidence that both the Soviets and the Chinese supplied, armed and trained the Vietcong.

If the US can't even deal with North Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan how can anyone claim that we would be successful against the PRC?

As far as the left they did not lose the war. The were against the war much like Trumphole claims he was against the invasion of Iraq and much like the left was and the left was right both times.

The US was involved in Vietnam for some ten years are there people trying to argue that we just needed ten more?

Come on now. My father was in that war and told me enough stories to know that like Iraq that it was not a winnable war and I say that as a vet myself.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:35 pm

Point being that all those Trump supporters who say that the US sucks and loses everytime and is now saying we are going to beat the Chinese because of one man are living in a fantasy world in houses filled with products made in China and bought at Walmart. Yes, including that American flag they are waving.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:34 am

It is also worth noting that beyond money China is the only country that has influence over North Korea which will probably have long range nukes by 2020 if not alredy.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:22 am

Steve James wrote:Of course, the Chinese produces far more engineers and scientists. We're in way worse trouble than China and India in terms of producing scientists --who often come here for their educations and to teach.

I would like to add my own asterisk to this statement, and sorry it will sound pretty negative and cynical, but it is difficult for me to imagine what kind of engineers and scientists mainland China produces, unless they come with their own massive asterisks. I don't think any measurable percentage of those educated in the PRC know anything objectively measurable, and I mean that literally, which is probably why so many are educated outside of the mainland. In all seriousness, those educated here often know nothing useful about even common knowledge related to their fields, much less science or engineering, as a result of the "education" process, although I'm sure that on the job training in some kind of functioning environment could provide that, albeit without the theoretical background the word scientist carries in the USA. Would love to be proven wrong on this and hope I am somehow out of touch and have just met the wrong people for all these years. Can not find a single foreigner living here to disagree with me, though.

Okay, back on topic, TRUMP IS GREAT TRUMP SUX YAY!!
Michael

Postby Peacedog on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:15 am

Michael,

+1 on the quality of Chinese educated scientists and engineers. The few I've met all sucked.

On the contrary, the quality of Chinese scientists and engineers educated in the West is generally very high. My suspicion is that only the very best are allowed to come to Western schools.
Peacedog
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That