superintelligence the last invention from humans

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: superintelligence the last invention from humans

Postby everything on Fri May 03, 2024 4:25 pm

I think these concerns are why people want to use only very specific AI for very narrow issues.

right now we are used to "generative AI" for some words, including some code, images, even movie previews, but at least 3.5 is kind of "closed". experts like sam altman say chatGPT-4 is a little embarrassing even though most of us find it to be amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLKoDkbS1Cg

that's a bit hard to follow since clearly smarter tech is coming. when whoever is talking in the video says "superintelligence", he probably means AGI. which seems to mean, roughly, like something where all these narrow AIs are out there, then there is a "meta AI" that can "talk to" many narrow AIs. then coordinate them. and so on.

do we unleash that into manufacturing? geez i hope not. i think maybe the slippery slope is like the chess game. "i have this thing that does xyz way better, but i don't understand how it works .... should I use it?" .... for most students (and people and executives), we basically say "yes" to tools we don't understand all the time. I don't understand how my car works or how a plane works or how my phone GPS works, for example.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: superintelligence the last invention from humans

Postby everything on Fri May 03, 2024 4:37 pm

it seems like they have some constraints in compute power and electricity at the moment. maybe they are using AI to help decide what to do about that first or these technologies have trouble "emerging". no doubt these kinds of thoughts are the reasons NVDA stock has skyrocketed.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic