Ashley Madison Affair

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Ashley Madison Affair

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:08 am

Sad.

John Gibson, a 56-year-old pastor who taught at the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary was found dead by his wife, Christi, on August 24 in their on-campus home.
Gibson had committed suicide, his family said.

“It was a moment that life doesn't prepare you for,” Christi told CNN this week. “I had to call my kids. How do you tell your kids that their dad is gone and that he took his own life?”

Less than a week before, Gibson had been one of the more than 30 million people whose names were leaked by hackers of Ashley Madison, the hookup website for people seeking extramarital affairs.
Christi said that being outed “carried such a shame” for her husband.

In a suicide note, “he talked about depression. He talked about having his name on there, and he said he was just very, very sorry,” Christi told CNN. “What we know about him is that he poured his life into other people, and he offered grace and mercy and forgiveness to everyone else, but somehow he couldn’t extend that to himself.”
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:45 pm

That's terrible - that only shame can bring one to kill himself. Also ironically, since most of the female users of that site seemed to have been bogus accounts anyway. I don't think anyone wanted him to end his life, especially not his family.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:52 pm

My sentiments exactly. Suicide is worse for all concerned.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic