ISIS just declared it occupied 5% of Lebanon

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: ISIS just declared it occupied 5% of Lebanon

Postby Steve James on Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:10 pm

@Interloper, HH was also inspired by American eugenics, and admired segregation. He would have gone for Roosevelt's Japanese internment camps, too.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:57 pm

leifeng wrote:I think Iranian Shiite Muslims have serious miscalculations. The only way they can survive in a violent Sunni region is by allying with Israel but instead they have chosen to support Sunni Hamas that is ideologically against them and is just interested in their oil money. They think that by giving money to Sunnis they can become the leader of Islam for both Shiites and Sunnis. So much wishful thinking...

Before the revolution in Iran, Israel has been on VERY good terms with the regime. Israelis really have zero hostility towards the Iranian people, and it's likely it's the same among most Iranians. It's the aggressive fundamentalist regime that makes it so difficult :-( Israelis understand that. It's such a shame. Iran is a beautiful country with a beautiful culture.

Interloper wrote:
Bao wrote:
Steve James wrote:Well, the "they're just as bad as the Nazis" rhetoric is fine; but, if it means that "the only solution is to wipe them off the face of the earth," that is just as bad as Nazism. Maybe it's worse because it requires historical blindness. I.e., "wiping them out" usually doesn't work. Andy, imo, is right on the point that it is much better to fight a "state" with an army than to weed out lone wolf (strangely, that's what Hitler called his insurgents) bombers spread out all over the world.

No coincidence. They are very much inspired by Hitler. Sad, huh? :-\

Hitler was, apparently, very much inspired by extremist Islam, and considered ways to exploit it to his own ends...
http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2015/02/02/wh ... as-muslim/

So back to 'worse than the Nazis'... Not a week passes and they make serious progress on that front:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... pilot.html

lazyboxer wrote:
Jonathan, surely you jest. ISIL/ DAESH coming to invade Israel? Start to think out of the box, do some proper research and ask yourself who are the main beneficiaries of the current chaos in your part of the world.

'Muslim on Muslim' in Lebanon? 41% of the population are Christian, armed to the teeth and ready to start slaughtering anyone who messes with them. DAESH has already made the error of trying to infiltrate several Muslim villages only to find a bloodbath waiting to cleanse them.

Please stop mirroring the overheated journalistic nonsense we have by now all become used to, and let's have some properly informed debate about what we presumably all agree is a serious issue - and I'm not just talking Dungeons and Dragons here. ;)

Surely, if the Americans still have control, this will end when ISIS causes enough chaos among the Arab states to allow for a smooth entry of 'Freedom and Capitalism'. However, I am not sure they are in control any longer, and as far as ISIS are concerned, Israel is up next after all Shiites are done with and all Sunnis are aligned with one agenda. Sure, this may never happen, and can take them 30 years. Who knows. But Israel is up there on the list.

When you live in the Middle East and people blow up in buses in your neighbourhood and you see rockets flying over your head (yes, I have had both, more than once), then you start realizing that if mad terrorists say they are gonna do something bad, YOU BETTER BELIEVE THEM. Easy being a political science hero from far away, but this last summer I was teaching Xing Yi under a hail of rockets flying in the sky. I know what's real and I know Muslims mean business when they threaten to conquer and pillage.

I also have friends who have been to wars in Lebanon. My father was there, too. It is very naive to believe any force in Lebanon, including the Christians, can stop ISIS by itself. They can hold them off, but not for very long. Lebanon is a broken country and society, and that last war with Israel messed up Hizb'alla pretty bad.

It's enough for ISIS to conquer just a little bit more of Syria, and/or southern Lebanon, to have a border with Israel. You can hypothesize all you want, but for us Israelis this means more missiles and death coming our way. Some Israelis are going to die - either dozens or thousands or more, at the hand of ISIS. Once there's a border it is only a matter of time. Though they do not stand the slightest chance against the IDF, we Israelis (and Jews in general) do not weigh conflicts by considering 'winning' or 'losing', but mourn every single sole wasted as the loss of an entire world in itself. That is the Jewish conception of war, and this is why I care even if "only one person is killed".

In the USA, when a soldier is killed it is very sad for many, if not most citizens, but often that person lived several states away. In Israel we are just 6 million Jews, and when there's a major war, most households are affected. Every single Israeli has a relative who fought in at least one or two wars. When I walk the street, every Israeli is my keen and my family. Rarely can people from other countries understand this frame of existence. I know what a life-threat means. I have seen things and people coming to kill me. I see better than you what ISIS is about.
Last edited by jonathan.bluestein on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:18 pm

leifeng wrote:Many jihadis have multiple wives and even concubines you losers.

Pregnant Austrian teen who ran off to join ISIS says she 'made a mistake'
http://rt.com/news/195100-syria-isis-austria-teenagers/
Michael

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:11 pm

This is the video of ISIS burning the Jordanian pilot alive. Burning starts at 18:00 :
http://video.foxnews.com/v/403058397700 ... show-clips
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:45 pm

Not my cup of tea. Anyway, this Times headline was interesting:

Arab World Unites in Anger After Burning of Jordanian Pilot

First time I've seen Arab used in place of Muslim in years. I'm sure they know that there are millions of non-Arab Muslims and plenty of Arabs who aren't Muslims. But, then, the headline would read "Muslim World Unites in Anger After Burning of Jordanian (Muslim) Pilot."
Last edited by Steve James on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic