Qualifications for a judge

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Qualifications for a judge

Postby .Q. on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:55 pm

This is hilarious. I don't know any of the technical terms mentioned in here, but I was curious what a lawyer thinks of this and asked one I know. He told me "motion in limine" is actually very basic and even a non-litigator should know. It's mind boggling how unqualified this candidate is and still tried to talk like he is.

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/15/57106068 ... ons-of-law
.Q.
Wuji

Re: Qualifications for a judge

Postby origami_itto on Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:24 am

Well his qualifications are he has a penis and is loyal to Trump, what more do you need, actual knowledge relevant to law or something?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:20 am

There was an earlier appointee who had only been a lawyer for three years, had never tried a case, and was also considered unqualified by the Bar association. He just dropped out, iirc.

But, the problem is that these federal appointments are for life. I.e., tax payer funded 150K for life giveaways. And, if they fuck up in the next few years, they'll just get pardoned anyway. Hey, don't complain. This is how it was when America was great. Everything now is based on competence and merit.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby .Q. on Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Steve James wrote:There was an earlier appointee who had only been a lawyer for three years, had never tried a case, and was also considered unqualified by the Bar association. He just dropped out, iirc.

But, the problem is that these federal appointments are for life. I.e., tax payer funded 150K for life giveaways. And, if they fuck up in the next few years, they'll just get pardoned anyway. Hey, don't complain. This is how it was when America was great. Everything now is based on competence and merit.

That's really sad when there must be so many worthy people that want those seats.
.Q.
Wuji

Postby Ron Panunto on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:05 am

I'm an engineer, and even I know what a motion in limine and Daubert decisions are. Disgraceful.
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:31 pm

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic