Trump Will be President

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Trump Will be President

Postby grzegorz on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:53 pm

Steve James wrote:BTW, here's a false flag that can be checked if not believed. Yeah, I heard about this from the commie union to which I belong. But, whaddaya think? Is it good to Buy American, or is removing such a provision a smart business move?

Donald Trump may have positioned himself as the champion of American workers but Republicans on the Hill are already embracing his “do as I say, not as I do” modus operandi. Under the backing of Paul Ryan, the GOP leadership stripped a provision from a water bill Monday that would have required American-made iron and steel products to be used in infrastructure projects in Flint and elsewhere funded by the Safe Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF). Democratic Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown blasted Republicans, who removed the “Buy America” provision (which passed the Senate with strong bipartisan support) while the House and Senate were reconciling the bills. In other words, GOP leadership scrapped it behind closed doors.

“By stripping meaningful Buy America rules from the water infrastructure bill, Washington leadership is choosing China and Russia over Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin,” said Brown. “This was the first major test of whether Washington establishment Republicans would live up to President-elect Trump’s promises to put American products and American workers first – they failed, and American iron and steel workers will pay the price.”
Now, Brown is teaming up with Democratic Sens. Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin and Bob Casey of Pennsylvania to insert the provision back in the bill.

They want to reattach the provision to a nearly $12 billion Water Resource Development Act (WRDA), which authorizes dozens of infrastructure projects around the country and is on track to pass the House this week.

“I’m not giving up on this fight,” Baldwin said in a telephone interview Tuesday. “Why would we pass a bill that only benefits Russian and Chinese steel corporations when we could be providing certainty to American manufacturers of steel and iron?”

That sentiment was shared by some steel worker groups earlier this week:

“From our end it’s a little baffling,” said Roy Houseman, a legislative representative for the United Steelworkers. “It’s been a program that’s been really successful, and it has bipartisan support. We’re just very confused by the Speaker, who’s not listening to the rest of his caucus.”

In essence, “Buy America” sounds as nice to Republicans as it did to Trump, but in practice they would rather preserve the "Buy Chinese" option that Trump uses to build his skyscrapers.

Something tells me that "some" did not read a word of this.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:58 pm

willie wrote:If we export more money then we receive, Then eventually we will go broke. "without printing more" , which causes inflation.
The less money that is in circulation the tighter it is for the public. The harder it is for American family's and the higher the crime rate.

So if we don't have a balanced dollar figure between import/export then hardships will be the result.
If all that money is leaving and then only coming back in the form of loans, then the interest, Which is payed for by American tax dollars,
will reflect the true cost of buying non American made.

You should read the article above. The Dems were pushing on only American made steel for a project and the conservatives took it out.

The fact is the Republicans and Trump have done little for the working class except pay lip service.

Just look at the stance of his secretary of labor and his second pick of a Goldman's Sac's CEO on his cabinet. I realize you will probably pass but it would be interesting to hear someone defend his secretary of labor pick.

I am going bow out awhile and return to my sixty hour a week job but if not now in a year I am sure you will understand what all the fuss was about.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:50 pm

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby KEND on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:50 am

It appears that the main qualification for a cabinet seat is being a billionaire, a little removed from the populist viewpoint. Romney and Guiliani are therefore disqualified
KEND
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:53 am

The Celebrity Apprentice. Chris Christy too seemed to have been dropped because of bridgegate and his drop in popularity.

I hear that in the Art of the Deal Trump states that he built his empire from thd backs of cheap low wage workers in foreign countries.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:21 am

Seems like they have decided to cut Social Security too, and raise retirement to 69.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:43 am

Steve James wrote:Seems like they have decided to cut Social Security too, and raise retirement to 69.

Woo-hoo! All my Libertarian paranoia's are now validated. If they would just come for my guns and make me pledge allegiance to piss christ I can die a happy man.
Last edited by Michael on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:49 am

Steve James wrote:Seems like they have decided to cut Social Security too, and raise retirement to 69.

Thanks Republicans!
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:49 am

Michael wrote:

Woo-hoo! All my Libertarian paranoia's are now validated. If they would just come for my guns and make me pledge allegiance to piss christ I can die a happy man.

First they are going to make flag burning illegal because it hurts people's feelings.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:58 am

I can't remember if flag burning is good because I'm Libertarian (figurative "me") or bad because I lurv America.
Michael

Postby windwalker on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:20 am

It appears that the main qualification for a cabinet seat is being a billionaire, a little removed from the populist viewpoint. Romney and Guiliani are therefore disqualified

Do you prefer ideologues over people who actually produce results and are able to change as needed to achieve them. The US has tried the “hope and change” got the change, in the wrong direction with no hope. This is will be corrected shortly.

Guiliani, is no longer on the list. Romney is still in the running although I don’t see him being selected.
He damaged himself during the runoffs for party nominee in such a way that it would be a hindrance in this position.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:24 am

Michael wrote:I can't remember if flag burning is good because I'm Libertarian (figurative "me") or bad because I lurv America.

Next time you have problems remembering, you might ask someone who's received this flag how they
feel about it.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:31 am

Next time you have problems remembering, you might ask someone who's received this flag how they
feel about it.

Ask me then.

Do you prefer ideologues over people who actually produce results and are able to change as needed to achieve them.

Are you actually saying that the people he's chosen aren't ideologues :)? But, we do know that every one of them makes 1000 times more than their employees. Perhaps it's true that that they will make things more profitable for them. We have yet to see whether that will be "better." When it comes to things like environmental protection, it clearly won't be. We'll have to see how that works out too.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:00 am

windwalker wrote:
Michael wrote:I can't remember if flag burning is good because I'm Libertarian (figurative "me") or bad because I lurv America.

feel about it.

my fathers was presented to me a few months ago. they did the honor guard thing with the 3 shots.i got the bullets too.

Oh, Michael, it's called libatard, combo of liberal and retard.
Last edited by willie on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby Steve James on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:19 am

The CIA has no doubt that Russian hackers played a direct role during the U.S. presidential election in order to give Donald Trump a boost over Hillary Clinton, a congressional official briefed on the matter told NBC News.

The confirmation was also delivered by Director of National Intelligence James Clapper to senators in a closed-door briefing last week, with the spy agency's latest findings making clear the intentions of the Russian hackers, according to the official, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the intelligence.

A Washington Post report published online Friday night first described how the intelligence community has reached a "consensus" that Russia intervened in the presidential election to help Trump win — not just try to sow chaos in the process.

The president-elect's transition team appeared to take a swipe at the CIA on Friday after The Post report came out, and called the spy agency "the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction."
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That