Trump makes the cut

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Trump makes the cut

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri May 27, 2016 8:07 am

So Windwalker, you don't support Trump, but really do (ie: sounds like you are going to vote for him if for anyone)?

Always with the double talk. Always posting arguments and then denying any support or connection to them whatsoever.

And you call Steve's tactics boring?

::)

I also have no idea what you are talking about with this "fix the economy" stuff. Our recent and biggest economic crashes have always come hand in hand with deregulation of the financial sector. What is Trump proposing? A return to the boom and bust cycling that only the uber-wealthy can weather. He also wants to privatize education and get rid of the EPA? No thanks!
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Sat May 28, 2016 3:09 am

It appears that republicans typically value results over principles. Having endured their worst nightmare, a trump candidacy and seen the possibility of a win they are now rallying behind him under the banner 'STOP HILARY'. I don't recall an election in which the term 'lesser of two evils' applied so aptly
KEND
Great Old One

Postby onebir on Sat May 28, 2016 6:18 am

(Sadly so often true - not just in the US...)
Insanity is repeating a nonsensical definition of insanity, and expecting it to eventually make sense.
onebir
Anjing

Postby grzegorz on Sat May 28, 2016 12:05 pm

All Trump quotes.

Last edited by grzegorz on Sat May 28, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:21 am

Trump loses to Rubio in Puerto Rico. Oops, Rubio isn't running anymore. I think some of his comments are even affecting some Hispanic Republicans.
https://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/donald ... o-primary/
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby HaraldH on Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:24 pm

Hmm ... Hillary is strange and Trump is even stranger. I somehow liked Jimmy Carter ... :-\
HaraldH
Anjing

Postby chud on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:23 pm

HaraldH wrote:Hmm ... Hillary is strange and Trump is even stranger.

There's always Gary Johnson (Libertarian).
chud
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:38 am

Latest--Donald trump doesn't pay his bills---you want an honest president---haven't had one of those since Jimmy Carter
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:17 am

What's really getting me pissed is his calling Warren "Pocahontas." Guess he's just refusing to be pc. People may defend him saying that he's justified, in this case (because she claims some Native heritage), just as he's justified criticizing a judge's "Mexican" heritage --even though he's born in Indiana. But, Trump's no racist. He's just dangerously, annoyingly ignorant.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:39 am

Steve James wrote:What's really getting me pissed is his calling Warren "Pocahontas." Guess he's just refusing to be pc. People may defend him saying that he's justified, in this case (because she claims some Native heritage), just as he's justified criticizing a judge's "Mexican" heritage --even though he's born in Indiana. But, Trump's no racist. He's just dangerously, annoyingly ignorant.

are you refering to this person

Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren, fending off questions about whether she used her Native American heritage to advance her career, said today she enrolled herself as a minority in law school directories for nearly a decade because she hoped to meet other people with tribal roots.
“I listed myself in the directory in the hopes that it might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon, a group something that might happen with people who are like I am. Nothing like that ever happened, that was clearly not the use for it and so I stopped checking it off,” said Warren….
“Being Native American has been part of my story I guess since the day I was born,” said Warren, who never mentioned her Native American heritage on the campaign trail even as she detailed much of her personal history to voters in speeches, statements and a video. “These are my family stories, I have lived in a family that has talked about Native American and talked about tribes since I was a little girl.”[14]

That explanation did not make sense[15] because the AALS faculty directory only listed Warren as “minority,” not as “Native American,” so putting herself on that list was not a way to meet other Native Americans.

Later, reporters uncovered that Warren had represented herself to both U. Penn[16] and Harvard for federal reporting purposes[17] as Native American. Warren herself never disclosed that she had represented herself to U. Penn and Harvard as Native American, that information was discovered by reporters.

The Boston Globe[18] reported that Warren received recognition as a “minority” law professor while at U. Penn Law School:

“The University of Pennsylvania, where Warren taught at the law school from 1987 through 1995, listed her as a minority in a “Minority Equity Report” posted on its website. The report, published in 2005, well after her departure, included her as the winner of a faculty award in 1994. Her name was highlighted in bold, the designation used for minorities in the report.”
Investigative reporter Michael Patrick Leahy of Breitbart.com uncovered that in 1993, when Warren was a Visiting Professor at Harvard Law School, the Harvard Women’s Law Journal included Warren on a list of Women of Color in Legal Academia.[19] It was the policy of the Law Journal to check with the persons on the list before they were listed.

Politico[20] uncovered that in 1997 The Fordham Law Journal listed Warren as Harvard Law School’s first “woman of color” on the faculty:

“There are few women of color who hold important positions in the academy, Fortune 500 companies, or other prominent fields or indu

http://elizabethwarrenwiki.org/elizabet ... ntroversy/

The Genealogical Evidence Shows Warren Has No Native American Ancestry
Detailed genealogical investigation by a group of Cherokee genealogists[31] showed that Warren had no Cherokee or other Native American ancestry. The findings are set forth at the blog Thoughts From Polly’s Grandaughter[32] which based the research on over one hundred primary sources,[33] and detailed the findings:

The team and I have done an exhaustive search on the genealogy of Elizabeth Warren. We have researched ALL of her ancestral lines, but have only posted those she claimed were Indian here in the blog. None of her direct line ancestors are ever shown to be anything other than white, dating back to long before the Trail of Tears.

why be pissed off at what he said, and not at what she did?
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:41 am

Because he's making fun of Native Americans, duh. Pocahontas was a real person, ya know. I know you don't see the point, but it is kinda strange to make fun of someone who claimed (rightly or wrongly) to be a Native American by calling her a Native American. It's just dumb and thoughtless. The situation with the judge is way worse, but it's the same thoughtless ignorance.

And, btw, no, I'm not pissed with Warren for claiming Indian ancestry. Lots of people do. Lots of people are wrong.
Last edited by Steve James on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:31 pm

The situation with the judge is way worse, but it's the same thoughtless ignorance.

is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9XMioUUa3E
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:47 am

If I said, "you're White, that's why you say that," would that be fair?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:24 am

Steve James wrote:If I said, "you're White, that's why you say that," would that be fair?

well it wouldn't be true, nor would it have anything to do with what the clip outlined.
in both post you either excuse the behavior or as in this post redirect...

you posted

The situation with the judge is way worse, but it's the same thoughtless ignorance.

the clip outlined the trumps reasons in a factual way. It was not the fact that he is of the Mexican culture but that
he actively supports it and different what some might call radical groups associated with it.

The Trump feels that the judge by his past actions and by those who appointed him to take the case, shows or gives the impression that
he may be biased something the law addresses.

Canon 2A. An appearance of impropriety occurs when reasonable minds, with knowledge of all the relevant circumstances disclosed by a reasonable inquiry, would conclude that the judge’s honesty, integrity, impartiality, temperament, or fitness to serve as a judge is impaired.

Public confidence in the judiciary is eroded by irresponsible or improper conduct by judges. A judge must avoid all impropriety and appearance of impropriety. This prohibition applies to both professional and personal conduct.

A judge must expect to be the subject of constant public scrutiny and accept freely and willingly restrictions that might be viewed as burdensome by the ordinary citizen. Because it is not practicable to list all prohibited acts, the prohibition is necessarily cast in general terms that extend to conduct by judges that is harmful although not specifically mentioned in the Code. Actual improprieties under this standard include violations of law, court rules, or other specific provisions of this Code.

Because he's making fun of Native Americans, duh. Pocahontas was a real person, ya know.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24871&start=15
ya I know,,,,no he's making fun of the person using this to gain an advantage....
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby chud on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:52 am

Steve James wrote:If I said, "you're White, that's why you say that," would that be fair?

Kind of like saying, "All white jury", like it's automatically a bad thing.
chud
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic