Rousey or Zingano?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Rousey or Zingano?

Postby Dajenarit on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:50 pm

I mean this is easy money right? I ain't got nothin against Cat, shes tough and all but for real though. Beast ain't apt enough for Rowdy. She's a wrestling goddess. I'm awe-inspired. It aint just the tights neither. I'm a fan of the throwing game and her skill, explosiveness and mental toughness is on another planet. You could argue that shes the most dominant fighter in the world at the moment, and I would argue she has the best grappling in the UFC male or female. Her fighting instinct is sublime.

War both of these amazon ass kickers. I don't like to make fight predictions as dominant as a fighter can be. The fists ultimately have to fly to decide it all or we'd be playing fantasy mma basically. I just want to see a good fight honestly. Passing the first round would be nice but then the fight not doing so would be something special in itself. Definitely would be one of the greatest upsets in fight history if it goes the other way.

Planning to take 2 shots of Jameson every time Ronda lands a Judo flip. If/when.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Re: Rousey or Zingano?

Postby Andy_S on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:01 am

Never really watched her fight, but that was a great workout: I loved the stuff with the bo (never seen a routine like that before) then the technical sparring with the two chaps was really nice. She moves with authority and great smoothness - really sweet changes.

Thank for posting, that was enjoyable to watch and even instructive.

What camp does she fight out of?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:03 am

Nice Systema stick warm up!
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Dajenarit on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:42 am

She trains at Glendale Fighting Club with coach Edmond Tarverdyan.

I don't usually give a rats ass about open workout videos but those throws are just Image

Instructive indeed.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:14 pm

Heading to pick up my wife to go see the fight right now @ http://www.roguenyc.com/

I'm gonna have my Jameson shots lined up by opening bell. Zingano got taken down 4 out of 9 times in her last 2 fights which might be predictive for this fight. You can't ever discount good training and improvements. Needing to improve to beat Ronda goes without saying. She arguably lost the first rounds in each of her last 2 fights but then came back to win then against Nunes and Tate respectively and decisively with TKO's. Comeback Cat I guess. Its gonna be lit. ;D
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:01 pm

I Hope our local girl, Cat KHTFO!

But I just found out that her BJJ blackbelt husband killed himself last year.

Crazy world.

Gonna go try to watch the fights somewhere, maybe.

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:51 pm

Yeah I'm hoping Cat can provide a good challenge for Rousey - but as with most don't see Zingano winning.

She's a great striker though - certainly has a puncher's chance.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby Dajenarit on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:49 pm

It's about that time. Main event on.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Roussey is versatile, has a varied workout per her judo background so I would give her the edge against Zingano! Zingano has a raw energy but she needs more exposure in conditioning and adding some weight would seem to be a positive goal!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby everything on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Read the result and glad I didn't order the ppv I guess
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:32 am

Full (14 second breakdown ) with video.wow!

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/3/1/812 ... bar-of-cat
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Dajenarit on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:44 am

The whole card was actually really good but what a main event fight! All 14 seconds of it. I could sense the interplay of skill and will. Quite a moment. And I've never even seen an armbar quite like that. Definitely good shit.. I love Cat's post fight interview. I hope she climbs the ladder for a rematch.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby fuga on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:34 am

Did you even get a chance to take a shot of Jameson? That was fast!
fuga
Great Old One

Postby Taste of Death on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:46 am

Dajenarit wrote:The whole card was actually really good but what a main event fight! All 14 seconds of it. I could sense the interplay of skill and will. Quite a moment. And I've never even seen an armbar quite like that. Definitely good shit.. I love Cat's post fight interview. I hope she climbs the ladder for a rematch.

It lasted 0:14. Tyson vs Spinks had more drama than this. Cat Zingano=tomato can. What do Rousey's opponents work on in training? How to lose spectacularly by not even attempting to follow their trainers' game plan?

Rousey is unbeatable. Especially with opponents like that.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:50 am

I hear they're trying to pair Ronda up to fight Cyborg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-kvd7Ykf94
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic