Time For Bonnie Scotland to Fuck Off?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Time For Bonnie Scotland to Fuck Off?

Postby AllanF on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:40 am

My final post on the indyref, i promise.

I thought RSfisters would appreciate the Better Together plans for Sunday!

http://nationalcollective.com/2014/09/1 ... ns-leaked/

Well it is hard to take something seriously that has chosen China's "National Humiliation Day" for its indyref day!
AllanF

Postby emptycloud on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:47 pm

emptycloud

Postby Andy_S on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:46 am

If it's a "YES" on Thursday:
One possible design for a new-look union flag looks killer cool: As the field, Welsh black (from the St David's Cross) replaces Scottish blue (from the St Andrew's Cross).

In fact, I would go so far as to say a union flag with a black field, with (existing) red and white crosses superimposed, would be the world's baddest banner.

I am feeling better about an "aye" vote already - and I'll bet Rump Britannia's enemies are already quavering at the sight of this wicked uber design.

More here:
http://www.theatlantic.com/internationa ... ag/284234/

*One design which did not (oddly) make The Atlantic piece, but which would truly represent "Rump UK," was an arse. I wonder why not? A picture of David Cameron would do the job nicely.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:42 am

This is not just the best speech of the campaign, but possibly the best political speech I have seen since Luther-King.

All done live, with real, not fake emotion - and delivered (apparently) without the benefit of notes.

Magnificent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J39bBV7CBJk

Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Steve Rowe on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:51 am

My comment on FB today..... Whichever way the vote in Scotland goes today the people of both Scotland and the rest of the United Kingdom lose. This is a personal battle between Lord Snooty and his gang in Westminster and the personally ambitious Alex Salmon. A black and white vote is both parties making you 'choose their gang', despite the thousands of words there's been no proper analysis or negotiations from anyone. Scotland and England are just dirt, nothing more. The Scottish and English people are all people and neighbours and we all know that negotiation and a bit of give and take from both sides of any argument is the way forwards. Flag waving, political rhetoric and nationalism is the way to breed hate and the road to war. Why oh why do people inevitably fall for this shit? I look at the FB posts from normally sane intelligent people on here and see that they have swallowed the shit wholesale, are repeating the rhetoric and have joined 'the gang' and are pillorying their neighbours like village idiots with pitchforks and flaming torches. We should all be forcing our politicians to do OUR will not doing theirs. I feel this is a very, very, sad day where no one wins but the ambitious politicians. They say we get the politicians we deserve and sad to say that appears to be true. Today we should have ignored the ballot boxes, knocked the politicians heads together and made them talk.
If you see someone without a smile - give 'em one of yours...
Steve Rowe
Wuji

Postby AllanF on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:45 am

Excellent speech by Brown.

Makes me think, why the hell wasn't he leading the No campaign instead of Darling? Why didn't he step forward before Cameron et al came up to Scotland and spoke (in Cameron's case) only to big business?

If he had led the Nos...and spoke like this, the vote would have been done and dusted a long time ago.
AllanF

Postby cloudz on Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:24 am

Agree with you there Allen, caught some of it and it's probably the first time I have ever like what he has had to say lol.
I would personally like to see a No result, but it's right that the Scottish people get to decide the way forward for themselves.

It'll be very interesting that's for sure, let's see!
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:46 am

I see the Scottish movement as being part of self determination and a positive direction despite the pitfalls of being 'on your own'.

Where I was born, as part of the British Commonwealth, independence was seen as positive vis a vis how the 'English' decided they wanted to get away from the wogs. For many, it was "good riddance of those 'savages' (depending on area), 'it's about time mentality, "go to hell you bastartds (the "English" are so eloquent ;D ) so why should Scottish self determination be any different. 5% of UK's population, 8 million, great opportunity for Swiss concerns and North Sea drilling (how it translates it another matter ??? added with the egos of some politicians.

There is no doubt that democracy is perceived differently by Westminister and Scotland but doesn't the latter deserve to be in charge of its own destiny?
Question: I guess the monarchy will have to ditch any association to Scotland, or will they? New paperwork, new parchment and stuff, that is terrible.
What about Wales? If anything, I would have wagered that Ireland would seek to quit the Empire long ago before it was fashionable!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:23 am

Mark Twain said it takes about 3 days for a good impromptu speech.
Michael

Postby Michael on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:37 am

All done live, with real, not fake emotion - and delivered (apparently) without the benefit of notes.

Magnificent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J39bBV7CBJk

"The Manchurian Candidate" (1962)
1:49:50

It's been decided that you will be dressed as a priest to help you get away in the pandemonium afterwards.
Chunjin will give you a two-piece Soviet Army sniper's rifle that fits nicely into a special bag.
There's a spotlight booth that won't be in use.
It's up underthe roof on the Eighth Avenue side of the Garden.
You will have absolutely clear, protected shooting.
You are to shoot the presidential nominee through the head and Johnny will rise gallantly to his feet and lift Ben Arthur's body in his arms and stand in front of the microphones and begin to speak.

The speech is short but it's the most rousing speech I've ever read.
It's been worked on here and in Russia,on and off, for over eight years.
I shall force someone to take the body away from him.

Then Johnny will really hit those microphones and those cameras with blood all over him fighting off anyone who tries to help him defending America, even if it means his own death.
Rallying a nation of television viewers into hysteria to sweep us up into the White House with powers that will make martial law seem like anarchy.

Now this is very important I want the nominee to be dead about two minutes after he begins his acceptance speech depending on his reading time under pressure.
You are to hit him right at the point that he finishes the phrase
'Nor would I ask of any fellow American in defense of his freedom that which I would not gladly give myself.'
'My life before my liberty.'
Michael

Postby Michael on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:04 pm

Watched the first few minutes of the video. Looks scripted to me, but a very good performance. DeNiro taijiquan quality. At least 3 days to prepare this impromptu heart-sweller.
Michael

Postby Strange on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:34 pm

i could be wrong but it look more like scotland telling england/britain to fuck off
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Allen:

Exactly my feelings: The "Better Together" campaign has lacked passion and been largely negative. Then - boom! crash! - we get this at the last moment. I wonder if they were holding him in reserve?

And I must say, I never knew that Brown had this fire in his belly. Very moving speech - which I think successfully contradicts and perhaps even invalidates Steve's post. (I'd add that I think Salmond is also a conviction politician, though I disagree with his stance.) Either Brown is one of the world's great actors, or here is a man delivering compelling opinions with true conviction.

I suspect that in the future, this is may be included among the great English language speeches - right next to Churchill's, Kennedy's and Luther-King's oratory.

Strange:

Ha! That is certainly what the referendum is all about.

If Scotland goes its own way - so be it. But if the vote is "no" this should be a wake-up call for the Westminster establishment, and time for a major rethink on how they engage, not just with people in Scotland, but also England, Wales and NI.

Michael:

SNIP
Mark Twain said it takes about 3 days for a good impromptu speech.
SNIP

No doubt! Of course this was scripted - but the delivery is as good as the content.
Services available:
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:17 pm

The Union stands!

55% say 'no' to independence 45% say 'yes:' A surprisingly convincing majority given that all polls had predicted a very tight race.

The challenge now will be the actual work of delivering the promised devolutionary package to Scotland. Westminster cannot back down on this, but the process could be bloody given the questions English and Welsh politicians will ask - ie "Why them, not us?" And the establishment needs to handle victory with grace, not triumphalism.

Questions of greater political devolution also need to be seriously asked of themselves by national politicians in England, Wales and NI: In that sense, the Scottish vote has really shaken up a culture of complacency, and that is no bad thing.

Best comment I saw on the night:
After Stirlingshire voted "no," someone posted on the Torygraf site:
"Stirling to keep pound."
Services available:
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby emptycloud on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:10 am

They blew it on the the currency question.. I met quite a few Yes folk who voted No simply because they had no clue as to what was going to happen with £.

As a classic divide and rule tactic from the parasite class, it was a master stroke.
Last edited by emptycloud on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
emptycloud

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic