Gus Kaparos vs Novell Bell

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Gus Kaparos vs Novell Bell

Postby Wanderingdragon on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:19 pm

I think mr. Gasparos is a proponent of hung gar or Chou lee fut, but if it was played like this
http://youtu.be/nm_DuRzmgGc
No boxer could touch him.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:29 pm

but if it was played like this

and therein lies the problem IMO for most CMA

the "like this is"never shown live

what is trained

in use

note: clips used for clarity only
not a big fan of mma or ring craft but respect its usage

hope "JW' doesnt see this 8-)
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
" It’s all in the Form; but only if it is, ALL in the Form."

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:05 pm

My point exactly, were on the same page. This whole exhibition is supposedly style against style but they didnt show.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Niall Keane on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:46 am

ah come on?

CMA supposed to look like bla bla bla ... says who?

I've posted videos here before of TCC fighters from my own stable using classic seven star guard and brush knee twist step kick takedowns but the vast majorit of plebs still consider it "just kick-boxing". That tells me and any fighter one thing, youre fuckin blind!

Shit man! I prtactice the form real slow, should I fight like that too to convince people its Tai Chi Chuan? So what atributes of TRAINING METHODS are ok to drop and what must be kept in order for the plebs to consider it CMA?

Don't make me laugh!!!

I must say it is a rich argument from WW who would have us convinced of empty force, and that people jumping around from jedi push hand sessions is valid, cause sure as shit I never saw anyone fight like that anywhere!!!

From my eyes, the fight was completely one sided, I didnt see throws which I guess must be precluded from the match? The Black Daoist lad seemed able to fire in any strike he wanted unopposed, the number of knees at the end coupled with the lack of takedowns - the protracted nature of the clinch, says either they were prohibited from wrestling or the Black Daoist lad was making a point - "youre so bad I can throw the exact same technique over and over and you have absolutely no answer" , if he was trying to display how poor his opposition was (which seems the point of this grudge match according to some blogs) then he did his job well.

Do people understand this? If you destroy someone with seriously dynamic methods, with seemless kick punch throw combos, countering all his attempts with takedowns or counter strikes that put him down etc. it could be said that you simply outclassed the opponent, that wouldn't necessarily mean that he was hopeless, limiting what you do, in effect fighting with one hand tied behind your back and humilliating a "master" demonstrates his lack of skill more so! For me anyway I see a fuck you in the demonstrated lack of required effort from Black Daoist, its not like he was ever under pressure. For the record I dont know either guy.
Last edited by Niall Keane on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Emperor has no clothes on!
Niall Keane
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:25 am

Niall, I've seen the work you do, and I consider it good stuff, not because of the fighting and application, and the contact, but because I see your form in it, if you do not, then you have missed the entire point and we ARE speaking of a blindness. I dont see WW expecting to see movie choreography, I see him expecting to see what one studies.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby bailewen on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:03 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:I think mr. Gasparos is a proponent of hung gar or Chou lee fut, but if it was played like this

Close, but no cigar.

You obviously are pretty new to this party. Gasparos is a Lama Pai teacher. That's how this whole thing got started. He's been running his mouth for a few years apparently about how close he was with Chen Tai San and how he was back there in the early days of NY Chinatown yada yada yada and then one of Chen Shifu's better known students (David Ross) got pretty pissed at Gasparos for making up a bunch of shit about his background and generally tarnishing the reputation of Lama Pai in general and Chen Tai San in specific...along with sort of talking down to a bunch of his Shixiong (like coach Ross) and one thing to led to another and Gasparov was writing a bunch of bad checks on his big mouth.

I am not clear on the details but that's the gist of it and that's why it hasn't gone away yet: because Ross won't let it go away as long as Gaparos keeps making outlandish claims about his standing in Lama Pai and his relationship with Chen Tai San.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:26 am

The dude (Gasparos) can't even hold his hands up. That "fight" is almost as bad as the delusional Japanese Kiai master, except Bell really took it easy on Kasparos. I don't know Bell, but I have more respect for him as a decent guy than before.
Michael

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:55 am

Then he really pisses me off because the most basic Lama Pai would have made short work of that party.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:35 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:I think mr. Gasparos is a proponent of hung gar or Chou lee fut, but if it was played like this

I really like that dude - great form performance. Interestingly Novell interviewed him on camera once and asked him about MMA - he said he liked it because it was like choy lee fut ;D
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:42 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:Then he really pisses me off because the most basic Lama Pai would have made short work of that party.

I don't think there was anything in the video even showing he can throw a punch or knows what state he's in, so why be concerned about his alleged MA experience? It's likely the reason he couldn't hold up his hands was that the gloves became too heavy for him after a couple of minutes.
Michael

Postby bartekb on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:39 am

its funny how Novell Bell dodged any serious sparring match for years but suddenly do not mind fighting a guy half his size who clearly was never engaged in anything remotely resembling sparring.
bartekb
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:34 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:Then he really pisses me off because the most basic Lama Pai would have made short work of that party.

er...and apparently "the most basic" Hung Gar + Choi Li Fut wouldn't?

I didn't realize Lama Pai was magic. ;)
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:45 am

bartekb wrote:its funny how Novell Bell dodged any serious sparring match for years but suddenly do not mind fighting a guy half his size who clearly was never engaged in anything remotely resembling sparring.

Yup. It's been 7 years since I first heard how bad he is and still kind of hoping to see him in action, but I do get the feeling that will never happen. Nevah.

Not sure if someone who gets in the ring with an invalid should be lauded for not taking his head off, but I've seen a couple of videos where that happened, so...
Michael

Postby allen2saint on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:07 am

shawnsegler wrote:Always drama in the rotten apple.

Says the person who so clearly does not live here.
allen2saint
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:39 am

bailewen wrote:

er...and apparently "the most basic" Hung Gar + Choi Li Fut wouldn't?

I didn't realize Lama Pai was magic. ;)

Sorry no disrespect intended, to me they all have similar " flavor ", so when I mentioned Hung Gar Chi li Fut I was already meaning they should easily cover the actions of a boxer, Its why I posted the CLF clip. :D
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links