Hi,guy's here some of my Tongbei;-)

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Hi,guy's here some of my Tongbei;-)

Postby longhaoran on Tue May 27, 2014 1:26 am

HI, guys,

Sorry, many of you don’t know me, but I do check this website since a longtime, I never really participate since my English is bad ( I will work on it promise haha) and also honestly I don’t have too much time for it…..;(

But I wanted share with you what I do on Tongbei, so here you can see a video I made yesterday with my phone sorry for the quality,
This video show some basics of the basics on Tongbeiquan, People says there is 108 combos on Tongbeiquan but actually its untrue ,since you can separated each movement to make any new combos.
Tongbeiquan is a boxing system who is not fixed by fixed application, anyway here some Tongbei that I do, I made this video for my students, to remember some really basics hands and the more basic ways to use them.
I wish you will enjoy or enjoyed the videos, have fun on your practice ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjMGReO ... i5MpeKn8Pg
My web site http://wuguan.be/ if you enjoy Tongbei here my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/longhaoran
longhaoran
Mingjing

Re: Hi,guy's here some of my Tongbei;-)

Postby XiaoXiong on Tue May 27, 2014 4:26 am

Nice Tongbei. There isn't awholelotof video out there, so thanks for sharing.
Jess
Truth enlightens the mind, but won't always bring happiness to the heart.
XiaoXiong
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Tue May 27, 2014 6:24 am

Ditto. I enjoyed it as well. The only other Tongbei I've ever seen posted here are Strider Clark's.

I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Tue May 27, 2014 8:25 am

Very good, quality skills.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby I am... on Tue May 27, 2014 10:02 am

I noticed he is wearing a breathing belt as well.
http://www.appliedcombat.com

"Once you have firmly decided that you face certain death, overwhelming thoughts of fear will be exhausted in your mind..."
-Hirayama Shiryu-
I am...
Wuji

Postby Bao on Tue May 27, 2014 11:37 am

I am not as qualified as Dr. Fish, but he seems to have made a good judgement. Some of the Best Tongbei I have seen on the tube.. Sorry Strider, but I liked this better. Just a personal opinion. Good I Am you noticed that belt. That is one key to real, serious, quality practice. Many people don't know about the belt. The people I know who use it regard it as a "secret" and sometimes it's only handled to indoor students. So there's definitely something to it....
Last edited by Bao on Tue May 27, 2014 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Tue May 27, 2014 12:21 pm

Yeah I really like this too. Great relaxedness and flow to the movements. I heard a theory that the 'breathing belt' is the real reason for any type of belt in tma, just the reason why people wear them has been forgotten or not known by most.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby longarm on Tue May 27, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi Longhaoran

Am I right in thinking you are a student of Teacher Ma Jie in Beijing.

Regards
longarm
Santi

Postby longhaoran on Tue May 27, 2014 11:55 pm

Hi guys,
Thanks a lot for your nice comment , it’s good to have some good backup from you!!
Especially from Mr. fish who is an expert on Tongbei or others old one on this forum for me I was a kind of an exam ha-ha.
To be honest I’m not satisfied of myself ,but I guess we never are, I will try to keep putting some video of me or if my master(s) allow me some of my brothers from the Zhang Ce family.
*Longarm, yes one of my master is Majie, actually I did start Zhang Ce Tongbei since 2004/5, I’m the disciple of Xu Chong wu for the ZhangCe Family and I’m also disciple of Majie and I played with few others masters on Tongbei .I lived 11years in China, I’m just back in Belgium since few month now, I wish to develop the Tongbei around the world since I’m in love with it ;-)

have a nice day,L
My web site http://wuguan.be/ if you enjoy Tongbei here my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/longhaoran
longhaoran
Mingjing

Postby Andy_S on Wed May 28, 2014 4:03 am

Good stuff, welcome to RSF. Ken Fish noted some time ago that Tongbei is one of the ancestors of HsingI. Looking at your clip, that was clear to me.

I really like the whippy relaxation I see in Tongbei and Pigua. Taiji is renowned for its softness, but I think these very soft long-arm styles may develop softness more effectively: You simply CAN"T deliver these kinds of blows if you are not relaxed.

BTW, your English is fine.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed May 28, 2014 7:41 am

Nice clip - I like your level of relaxation in striking - very nice! If I may ask a question - what's the theory on hitting with the back of the hand? There are a lot of small bones there that could break if you hit something hard (like a skull) - I know you're aiming for the chest mainly, but in the unpredictability of a fight is this a good idea to hit with the back of the hand?

Thanks,
Graham
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby longhaoran on Wed May 28, 2014 9:32 am

Hi,

Mr. Graham, actually it depend of your gong-fu, I saw some guys who can nail a nail with the back of his hand. In tongbei we have some gong-fa that we should practice to make our hands “harder” but for sure we won’t hitting someone with the back of our hand on some hard part of the opponent body .

Actually tongbei theory is really simple beat with what you can, for example: if you are women and you don’t have enough power to push someone with one hand, use both hands, the idea is to PUSH not “HOW”. What I want to said, everyone develop his gong-Fu and his own skills based on some combos.

For example the hand we use to hit with that back of our hand, can be call “danshou “, the idea of that movement, is to take the regard of your opponent, for example you can beat his noise, no need too much power to hit is noise, even if the noise don’t broke the guy will cry, or you can use your finger to hit the eyes, …. Each hands on tongbei do have his own purpose but its free to use in many kind of situation, so again all depend of your gong-fu, if you don’t have it don’t use that kind of hand to hit someone or if you have enough gong-fu on your hands go for hit it but hit in a smart way, there is no use to use full power.

Well I wish I did answer to your question? If not let me know, have a nice day, L
longhaoran
Mingjing

Postby GrahamB on Wed May 28, 2014 11:09 am

Yes, thank you!
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Wed May 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Graham, I know we practiced different forms of "Guang Ping" yang if memory serves but in the form I did there's a very definite strike with the back of the hand just before the repulse monkey section. I've made some good use of it before and it's certainly good against chosen targets like the nose or temple and works well to set up something else as a blinder to set up another technique. IME.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Wed May 28, 2014 12:45 pm

the hand slapping strengthens the backs of the hands along with specific iron hand methods makes the backs of the hands much more user friendly.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links