Superb series of Clips from Master 焦建国

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Superb series of Clips from Master 焦建国

Postby windwalker on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:47 pm

is that this fellow offers a very tangible demonstration of the use of 4*z, and I am inclined to believe that few actually recognize the use of the concept in these demonstrations

depends on what one looks for. each finds what is sought. even though many may not understand what they'er truly seeking.
many view things from a different lens, often even its right before them they will tend to miss it.
IME a lot of the older masters are really not interested as to weather all can see or get it, if a few get it, its enough,.
I'm quite surprised by the amount of info on the web these days.
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Taijikid on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Wanderingdragon,

What is 4*z ?? You got me there!
Taijikid
Anjing

Postby Wanderingdragon on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:55 pm

Not a good sign, the best fighters have fantastic abstract reasoning skills, you couldn't even cipher 4*z to be 4oz tsk tsk :-\
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Taijikid on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:50 pm

Oh, 4 oz!!! My abstract reasoning skill is really really bad! :-[

I don't look at clips for long of Demos if the teacher don't show 4 oz. with their students!
Taijikid
Anjing

Postby Taijikid on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:16 pm

To reiterate:

教拳不教步,教步打师傅。步法是武术搏击重要一环,但真正明白步法真机者不多。此视频将步法击人精要披露,真是难得。

This old master has uploaded another clip:

http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/127594699-1588640862.html

Enjoy!
Taijikid
Anjing

Postby dspyrido on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:10 am

Prolific poster! Great series of vids.

The separation of 4 hands was mentioned & I noticed him highlighting the leg bows in one of the clips but the unification of them is through the use of the core/center and applying this extension to the limbs. As I don't understand the language is there any discussions or examples of application of the dan-tien into the extremities? You could say that it is in all the examples but there is a difference & I'm curious if he is presenting something in this area.

Bhassler wrote:Out of curiosity, do people feel like this stuff is really unique or rare, or are you just being appreciative of craft well done? If you do feel it's unique or rare, what specifically makes it so?

EDIT: Andy S and WanderingDragon have already answered the second question (although anyone else feel free to chime in)-- I'm still curious as to how rare people find this.

I think what he is showing is rare for the wrong reasons. It's uncommon (not rare) to find guys who get stylistic application of ima. It's rare to find ones who can or are willing to explain and teach it. It's rarer to find ones who are willing to post a raft of vids showing lines of force and angle demonstrations in the internet!
dspyrido
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links