Superb series of Clips from Master 焦建国

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Superb series of Clips from Master 焦建国

Postby Andy_S on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:26 am

DGlenn:

Thanks for the info on his style (albeit, I am none the wiser). But as noted, he is dong a lot of things that are very common to other IMA.

I have said above why I think this guy is exceptional. If the opportunity was there, I'd study with him in an heartbeat.

If you study with men who have the goods to this extent, and have the willingness and the skills to teach them, I think you are very, very well served and pretty lucky. Frankly, I think this man is a rarity in CMA in terms of the skills he has and his willingness to show/teach - but then I have really only scratched the surface of these arts.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Taijikid on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:36 pm

Taijikid
Anjing

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:56 pm

Thanks again, he's a treasure and a true artist to watch. If you have learned proper movement, there is much to see here ;)
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:04 am

Great stuff again.

His insertions - this seems to be a better word than "entries" for what he is doing - are probably the best I have ever seen. I love the way he closes down, crowds, turns and off-balances his opponent on the first or second beat. To me, this is the acme of IMA.

Really nice stuff and, to borrow Wanderingdragon's thought, great ammunition for anyone who has done Bagua or HsingI.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:29 am

I can't see the videos on sina.com for some reason-- can someone repost on vimeo or youtube?
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Taijikid on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:30 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:If you have learned proper movement, there is much to see here ;)

Andy_S wrote: great ammunition for anyone who has done Bagua or HsingI.

Yes, if you read his Blog posts, he mentioned somewhere that you need to be able to separate youe hands and feet movements to make all these work. So you need to train like you have 4 hands (2 hands and 2 feet). Its almost like learning how to Dance!! ;D

Bhassler,
I think you need to fix your browser as there are just too many clips!!
Last edited by Taijikid on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taijikid
Anjing

Postby Bhassler on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Taijikid wrote:Bhassler,

It's not a browser issue, as it happens on multiple machines on multiple networks with multiple browsers. I did find a way to hack it by viewing source and downloading the file directly, though. I probably won't do it for all the videos, though.

Out of curiosity, do people feel like this stuff is really unique or rare, or are you just being appreciative of craft well done? If you do feel it's unique or rare, what specifically makes it so?

EDIT: Andy S and WanderingDragon have already answered the second question (although anyone else feel free to chime in)-- I'm still curious as to how rare people find this.
Last edited by Bhassler on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Taijikid on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:05 pm

Since June, This master has uploaded 6 more clips. You can go here to check them out,

http://you.video.sina.com.cn/vlist/1588640862.html

Enjoy!
Taijikid
Anjing

Postby windwalker on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Bhassler wrote:
Taijikid wrote:Bhassler,

Out of curiosity, do people feel like this stuff is really unique or rare, or are you just being appreciative of craft well done? If you do feel it's unique or rare, what specifically makes it so?

EDIT: Andy S and WanderingDragon have already answered the second question (although anyone else feel free to chime in)-- I'm still curious as to how rare people find this.

From my POV its not rare, just maybe not something that people encounter because as was mentioned in another thread they'er not really looking for it.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:07 pm

I honestly believe that there are few here that really understand what is going on In these clips, even with understanding the narrative.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:14 am

Wanderingdragon wrote:I honestly believe that there are few here that really understand what is going on In these clips, even with understanding the narrative.

what is that you feel some dont see or understand?
wrote from curiosity.

all teachers have something to offer, not all are public nor wish to be.
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:32 am

Ba Fan Shou (24 Methods)

These methods are the combinations of the fundamentals, which introduce various methods from basic to advanced. Except for the first 8, these are fairly rare as they are the ancient methods prior to the development of Forms, thus although practiced by few, many had since discontinued in favor of the latter forms/sets. However now these have become essential for the development of real Bafanquan skills. Their importance cannot be understated.

Ba Fan Shou (8 Rotating Hands)

These are short combinations of the fundamental strikes. Each consists of up to 5 movements.

• Shi Zi Zheng Chui (Cross Strike)
  • Ban Kou Fa Chui (Remove Button Release the Strike)
  • Fan lu Zuan Da (Turn over pullback entering Strike)
  • Ye Li Cang Hua (Flower concealed within the leaf)
  • Xian Ren Zhang Duo (Take the helm Immortal Palms)
  • Ba Wang Kun Zhu (Conqueror bundles the Pigs)
  • Er Long Xi Zhu (Two Dragons Play with Pearls)
  • Yan Bi Jia Da (Cover the arm upperblock strike)...
http://www.satirio.com/ma/bafanmen/methodology.html

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:21 pm

Recognizing the art, knowing the techniques, even knowing the history and lineages, is all academic. What impressed me from the onset, is that this fellow offers a very tangible demonstration of the use of 4*z, and I am inclined to believe that few actually recognize the use of the concept in these demonstrations, the generation and use of power, I feel may be overlooked in the vane that this or these are just another set of preset orchestrations of martial skill.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Taijikid on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:56 pm

If you compare the body position of this Master with some of the clips of other Masters on the video board right now, you will see there is a difference....its closer[given the same non combative demo partner]. I don't want to get into arguing who is better. But I would like to point out 3 very important clips from this Master which are well worth to study:

http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/83575093-1588640862.html
http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/86290122-1588640862.html
http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/89515470-1588640862.html

To quote one of the comment on the third clip: [use Google Translate to get close enough meaning]
教拳不教步,教步打师傅。步法是武术搏击重要一环,但真正明白步法真机者不多。此视频将步法击人精要披露,真是难得。
Taijikid
Anjing

Postby Wanderingdragon on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:22 pm

I love these because proper instruction has allowed me to find these basic and essential fundamentals, simply, in my own daiy training. It is proof that a qualified teacher can create true understanding that leads to personal insights that will help you evolve your art. Your training must be honest and diligent. Much has been written but your reading only highlights your current understanding it cannot lead to greater knowing, it is the same with all instruction.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links