fa jin

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: fa jin

Postby D_Glenn on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:34 pm

wuwei sifu wrote:that crab looks a lot like the left only circle walk i do from the qigong set in " Ba Gua: Hidden Knowledge in the Taoist Internal Martial Art " by Hsing-han Liu .

i do that more in the winter time to warm my hands up on the bus stop. thx for sharing that glen. do you have any more crabby stuff you'd like to share. i 'd sure like to check it out. have read about Ma Gui, years ago but not see much of anything
unfortunately. :'(

somatai wrote:... would love to see what you are up to lately

NoSword wrote:D_Glenn: You've been going on about 'bolang jin' and 'fanlang jin' since I joined the board and up until now I've largely taken it for granted. For some reason (probably having to do with seeing the recent Dai style videos), just now your remark sank in in a way earlier ones hadn't. You helped me with a minor insight/breakthrough. Respect.

Here's a quick clip I filmed. Excuse the poor quality of it due to the fact that I don't really ever practice this, but ideally this is how the Crab is supposed to be executed - with 'bolang jin' on the exhale and immediately using 'fanlang jin' with the inhale. In Baguazhang we first spend years learning just a normal 'Fa Li' (emit power) using only bolang jin. It's only much later that one begins to practice 'fanlang jin'.

The crab is just an amalgamation of the other animal's techniques and using the Body Method of the Qilin. This is the only form I know and the technique comes from the phoenix and is called 展 2- Zhǎn (Extending -- meaning to extend; open up; spread out; unfold; unfurl).

There's a traditional teaching method in our Baguazhang where the teacher says "I will answer any question you have about our training but I will only answer a question that can answered with a 'Yes' or a 'No'." This ensures that the student is far enough along in their physical practice and understanding so that they can structure a question, in their own words, so that they can't get too far ahead of themselves.

This topic of body methods falls under this.

Send a PM if you have any questions that can be answered with a 'yes' or a 'no', but note that I'm not going to be on the forum for awhile, so I don't know when I'll be getting back to anyone.

Cheers to all.

One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Walk the Torque on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Just doing the rounds at work and thought I'd send a couple of examples of my fajin training. Pretty basic stuff as it is not of the more continous variety but I'd have to be in more comfortable clothing. :)

Just shows some expansion, contraction, some more whippy wave coupling of forces. Then stringing together a couple of punches and then stepping with directional changes.

Conn
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:49 pm

Walk the Torque wrote:Just doing the rounds at work and thought I'd send a couple of examples of my fajin training. Pretty basic stuff as it is not of the more continous variety but I'd have to be in more comfortable clothing. :)

Just shows some expansion, contraction, some more whippy wave coupling of forces. Then stringing together a couple of punches and then stepping with directional changes.

Conn

The last move is not fajing it is called lightening. :)
Awesome!

Over
Overlord

Postby Walk the Torque on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:13 am

Thanks Mate. I'll post one more of more continuous stuff when I get a moment.
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links