Pudzianowski vs Gracie

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Pudzianowski vs Gracie

Postby RobP2 on Sun May 24, 2015 6:52 am

Nice overhand right, looks like he caught him on the corner of the jaw

"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Re: Pudzianowski vs Gracie

Postby Bhassler on Sun May 24, 2015 9:26 am

I's like to see Pudz against a higher quality of opponent. If it was me, for example, instead of just flopping down on the first good shot, I would've shit myself and spit teeth across the ring. That's the problem with MMA, these days-- no commitment.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun May 24, 2015 11:16 am

LOL, but true enough, the best way to beat a grappler is to not let have anything to grapple. Haha
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Sun May 24, 2015 11:33 am

Last edited by Dmitri on Sun May 24, 2015 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun May 24, 2015 11:40 am

Thanks for posting!

By the way, like a child walking into the middle movie you guys would probably be interested in knowing that dude beat Bob Sapp.

Then again who on RSF couldn't beat Bob Sapp?

Yeah, he's no fighter. Just a Gracie. LOL! I love martial art forums.

Now let the trash talking from behind the keyboards continue...
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun May 24, 2015 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Sun May 24, 2015 3:32 pm

I don't think anyone has done any trash talking. Maybe read again a little slower?

I'm assuming anyone who's interested already knows that Pudzianowski is a former World's Strongest Man competitor. I don't know how his technique is, but I can't imagine wanting to go to the ground with him. I hope he gets a real opportunity to make it at the highest levels.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby C.J.W. on Sun May 24, 2015 7:00 pm

I am actually far more interested in seeing what a world-class strongman like Pudzianowski would do on the ground against a skilled grappler who has put him in a triangle or an armbar -- whether or not he can get out simply by using his superhuman strength.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun May 24, 2015 8:31 pm

grzegorz wrote:Thanks for posting!

By the way, like a child walking into the middle movie you guys would probably be interested in knowing that dude beat Bob Sapp.

Then again who on RSF couldn't beat Bob Sapp?

Yeah, he's no fighter. Just a Gracie. LOL! I love martial art forums.

Now let the trash talking from behind the keyboards continue...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUag7xr5ogM
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun May 24, 2015 10:09 pm

Read slower, huh?

Can you do this to Bob Sapp?

Here is Rolles taking a knee from Bob Sapp.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6xWVCSHymgE

No commitment huh?

You know what my favorite part of MMA is? That talk is cheap.

Bhassler wrote:I's like to see Pudz against a higher quality of opponent. If it was me, for example, instead of just flopping down on the first good shot, I would've shit myself and spit teeth across the ring. That's the problem with MMA, these days-- no commitment.

Personally, I think it's bunk when someone loses and everyone talks trash. I remember when Fedor first loss and everyone started trashing him as a fake. Such is the luxury of a keyboard...
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun May 24, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Kevin_Wallbridge on Sun May 24, 2015 10:34 pm

Maybe its a language thing, however I read Bhassler's post as satirical. I thought his reply was clear enough. Saying that you would have been hurt worse is not really being a great keyboard warrior. Saying you would be spitting teeth and shitting yourself is the opposite of trash talk. You can see this right? Seriously grzegorz chill out. I don't see any need for you get defensive and take a stand to stop trash talking that isn't actually happening.
拳中龙象本能之学
Kevin_Wallbridge
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun May 24, 2015 10:36 pm

No thanks Kev, I have no reason to chill out.

Rolles isn't just another a Gracie. He's a bad ass on a losing streak, it happens.

The reason everyone loves a champion is because there can only be one. I have a lot of respect for these guys. The fact is they don't make that much and after they stop fighting they don't have much to show for it in comparison to other professional athletes yet they still do it anyway.

No one's getting defensive it just sounds to me that people don't know these fighters or their histories.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon May 25, 2015 12:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Mon May 25, 2015 4:06 am

Damn, that punch from Pudz would have floored a herd of oxen. And the bloke looks like he is made of granite: Imagine accidently spilling his vodka in the bar...

Mind you, I am surprised Rolles did not see that coming. Boxers live for these kind of mighty swings. But even so. Damn...

Gracie was much more at home with Sapp. Is this recent? I didn't realize Sapp was back in the ring/cage.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Mon May 25, 2015 4:32 am

Did you guys see Travis Brown vs Andre Arlovski at the weekend? Now that was a fight!!!!!

Full video:
https://www.facebook.com/MMAFNL/videos/ ... 563809996/
Last edited by GrahamB on Mon May 25, 2015 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby dspyrido on Mon May 25, 2015 7:33 am

C.J.W. wrote:I am actually far more interested in seeing what a world-class strongman like Pudzianowski would do on the ground against a skilled grappler who has put him in a triangle or an armbar -- whether or not he can get out simply by using his superhuman strength.

He doesn't look like he used to. With time his strength would have depleted like most mortals. Just look at Belfort even after the trt allegations. Plus it's likely he toned the "supplements" he was probably on when he competed in strong man.

Also he is training in grappling anyway so a little bit of both perhaps would be the answer.
dspyrido
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Mon May 25, 2015 8:09 am

Hey Grzegorz,

Kevin has it right, my post was meant as satirical. I'd probably be dead after that kind of shot-- Gracie was probably sitting behind a microphone 20 minutes later congratulating Pudzian on a good shot and hoping to get another chance at him. Unless they've actually had a chance to cross hands with one, I think most people have no idea the tremendous gulf that exists between professionals and amateurs. Even guys who are considered masters as part-time teachers and/or fighters would mostly be badly overmatched against even a second-rate professional (and I'm not saying the guys in the clip are second rate).

I have a great love for Strongman comps, so naturally Pudzian is one of my favorites. He's probably the only guy in the game right now that I'd actually pay to see.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links