rehab through movment

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

rehab through movment

Postby middleway on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:57 am

This is a pretty amazing recovery right here. Interested in the thoughts of the healers among us.

(on a side note ... notice the Dragon serving Tea cups training in there. I have long recommended this to people with shoulder problems :D)
Last edited by middleway on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Re: rehab through movment

Postby I-mon on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Wonderful. Goddam I winced hard when that injury happened.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Good on him for working it out. If you have the time and the athletic foundation otherwise you can do that sort of thing. It takes some determination and ingenuity, etc, and you can usually get away with it and perform as well as or better than others, unless it becomes a habit and the compensations start to add up. I'm much more impressed with a friend of mine who was bedridden with arthritis of the spine for four years and taught herself to walk again using awareness and micro-movements. Compared to people with real health problems, a young uber-athlete with a partially torn pec is relatively trivial.

I like it for the individual, but not as a prescription for the world. Many people just don't have the time and resources to do that sort of thing.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:39 am

This raises an important issue in the health industry - how do you objectively measure success?

Is the individual improving in one area at the expense of other areas?

Is the individual meeting performance goals because of - or in spite of - the training?
Ian

Postby Bhassler on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:15 am

Ian wrote:Is the individual improving in one area at the expense of other areas?

The answer to this question will almost always be yes, it just depends on whether or not it's worth it for a particular individual. It's kind of like when someone asks if program "X" is good for fitness. Fit for what?

Ian wrote:Is the individual meeting performance goals because of - or in spite of - the training?

This is a damn fine question, although in practical application it's not really an either/or proposition. Many shades of grey.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:51 am

Ian wrote:This raises an important issue in the health industry - how do you objectively measure success?
Is the individual improving in one area at the expense of other areas?
Is the individual meeting performance goals because of - or in spite of - the training?

Measuring success will depend on state of health. Pre and post health status would be an obvious indicator but there are also benefits that when one reaches that critical stage (say > 45 yrs) that previous health regimen will kick in and allow for a better quality of life as one gets older!

If someone is in a sports competition arena then the returns are short term but the individual will have to assess if he is capable of sport longevity and take those steps to increase it over the long run!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Return to Video Links