Xingyiquan - Master Alexander Bakari - A Question?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Xingyiquan - Master Alexander Bakari - A Question?

Postby kenneth fish on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Before this goes any further - I only vaguely remember the visit - if its whom I recall (and I must apologize, my memory is not what it once was), the gentleman called my school and was extremely polite. (this was back around 1992 or 1993 - I had a fairly large school, with about 120 students) If I remember correctly, he had some contact with one of my younger classmates under my Wing Chun teacher, and wanted to know if I still practiced or taught Buddha Hand Wing Chun. He came with a student or friend of his, they were both very pleasant and polite. I think I showed him some of the Buddha Hand, and then spent the rest of the time showing Xingyi. FWIW, I remember hitting the phone books I had him hold on his chest, and we went over the applications of splitting and drilling - I remember showing him some drilling exercises, and how it could be used softly or hard (rou or gang). I later heard through a third party that I might have hurt him - if I did, he did his best (successfully) not to show it. It was certainly not my intent, and there was nothing said or done during the visit to make it anything less than a fun time. For me at least.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan