彈 (Tan) - Spring

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

彈 (Tan) - Spring

Postby johnwang on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:08 am

http://judoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=37841&hl=

If you use your right leg to "spring" your opponent's left leg back into a right leg forward bow-arrow stance then your opponent may not be able to pull you back like this. You can spring your opponent's leg back or sideway so he cannot put much weight on that leg.

Which move in Judo will be equivalent to the "spring"? Anybody who train Judo may like to share some information here?
Last edited by johnwang on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:40 am, edited 8 times in total.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Re: 彈 (Tan) - Spring

Postby wiesiek on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:40 am

what exactly do you mean by "spring"?

speakin` of vid.:
this is "sambo type" attack and bacically is best as a counter,
if somebody is trying to attack you this way:
- do not allow him to fully establisch belt control
- use "swallow counter" - remove legs from line of attack and lift the right leg + make circle /kosoto gari/
this move will sweep away his attack
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:49 am

ps
i was attacked many times this way by sambo players - they love to go lo., pull and hook the legs
if you allow for good belt grip...
well
let`s say that this is VERY hard not to hit the ground
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:45 am

In SC the counter is similiar that your left hand surround your opponent'w waist, spin with him, hook your left leg on his left leg, and push his neck back with your right hand. You can call it "lead your opponent into the emptiness". The difference is you still remain balance after that. If you do this Judo counter in SC, since your body touch the ground first, you lose that round already.

wiesiek wrote:what exactly do you mean by "spring"?

You raise your right leg in a golden rooster stance. You kick your right leg back and land as bow-arrow stance. Your right leg come down and back in a 45 degree angle, hit on your opponent's upper left leg, and act as a "widget" and spring your opponent's left leg back. This is backward spring. To spring sideway, you use the outside edge of your right foot to spring the inside edge of your opponent's left foot when you are facing him.

The backward "spring" can be seen at 0.10 and 0.27 in the following clip. I didn't know how to use "spring" when I trained the LF system. The application became clear to me until I trained in SC. Since the backward spring may have chance to hurt your opponent's knee, not sure it's legal to use it in Judo.

http://johnswang.com/my_mai_fu_1.wmv
Last edited by johnwang on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:01 am, edited 9 times in total.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:31 am

Backward spring is one of my favorite moves. Being taller when I get in a position side by side but in front of my opponent/partner it is hard to do a lot of throws because they can get lower easier. It is easy to spring back which I usually follow with a leg biting with the same leg a I sprang with followed by an ankle pick. I learned the combo from my teacher because he always uses it on me. ;D
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:58 pm

DeusTrismegistus wrote:spring back which I usually follow with a leg biting.

I'll call that "lazy man's combo" because you don't need to carry any of your opponent's weight and also timing is not important here. If you use leg lift on his left leg (you do need to carry his weight) and forward kick on his right leg while his left leg is still in the air (timing is important here), you can throw him beautifully (but don't use it against your friend).

DeusTrismegistus wrote:it is hard to do a lot of throws because they can get lower easier.

The moment that you see your opponent bend his leg, the moment that you use "outer twist", there is almost no way for him to escape out of it (outer twist has no counter). To have long leg do have some advantage.
Last edited by johnwang on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby tiltpoint on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Deus, here's another move for that series of yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGtt08OZNVQ
tiltpoint
Santi

Postby tiltpoint on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Sorry:

tiltpoint
Santi

Postby wiesiek on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:57 pm

thanks JW
in sporty judo mach you can`t kick