What happen to the "pure" TCMA discussion?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: What happen to the "pure" TCMA discussion?

Postby SPJ on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:12 pm

to have a productive discussion

both parties need to know the fields/styles and have some experiences, then the discussion would be meaningful.

other wise, the chicken is talking to the duck

I was invited to discuss in a 5 ancestor fist forum and also a southern/Taiwan white crane forum

I only read and did not really contribute anything, since I was shown the forms and had some basic ideas. but I never practice it in any length/depth.

I was also invited to discuss in a Shan Dong martial arts forum.

Shan Dong is home to many branches of Mantis.

In kuo shu guan era, Shan Dong had the first and the best kuo shu guan.

I only know some mantis but not all the them, again, I read and try to understand the discussion and may not contribute more than I wish.

--

my point is that, MA is a big field. when we talk about specifics and in any depth, we really need to know more about topics on hand.

--

if you have people from different fields or different styles, one can only imagine the hurdles

there is a saying, the separation of styles is like the distance between mountains. ge hang ru ge shan. 隔行如隔山

--

:o
SPJ
Wuji

Re: What happen to the "pure" TCMA discussion?

Postby AllanF on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:51 pm

Here there seems to be plenty of talk about TMA, which is a good thing i feel. But i am not against MMA in anyway shape or form, to learn is to learn.
Personally i lean towards the IMA (regardless or country of origin) but am interested in other methods from all MAs. If they have something that i think would be useful then i will give it a go.
AllanF

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan