Strange Standing Posture

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Strange Standing Posture

Postby ThomasK on Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:50 am

Also DGlenn what you describe sounds like Yang Cheng Fus 10 points. Almost exactly the same
ThomasK
Mingjing

Postby Appledog on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:37 am

ThomasK wrote:Imo if you seek wuji in only one posture for a hour every day and not switch it up you will run into trouble

Seeking wuji is more a process that can be done in every posture imo, but also a name of posture like in beginning of Tai Chi forms

Why would it cause any trouble?
Appledog
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:04 am

ThomasK wrote:Also DGlenn what you describe sounds like Yang Cheng Fus 10 points. Almost exactly the same

It is all the same. It’s Chinese Internal Martial Arts. This is just how they’re organized in Baguazhang.

I agree on the Wuji for an hour. That would definitely fall under the category of waste of precious time. I only do it for about 30 seconds before moving onto Standing or Turning. A little bit more if I’m doing qigong, but only because I start in and return to the wuji posture after each section.

But if you don’t actually have the time to practice anything, or you’re in a public place where you can’t practice anything, then getting into the Wuji posture is better than just standing around normally.
Last edited by D_Glenn on Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:41 am

There is no such thing as a "strange standing posture"! Alot of static postures have been passed down for centuries but it was not until
YIquan/Dachengquan instituted a 'didactic' training/conditioning programme that it came out of a woodwork. The few talked about it without
any instruction or methodology.
There is the "usual" zhanzhuang mabu 'holding ball to the front' and similar static posture(s) and postures from taijiquan (taijizhuang) where
specific postures from x form(s) are held (more of a carryover from 'neigong' practice(s)' of the last 100 years, and then a modernist interpretation (as I call it)
of what is termed zhuangfa (standing methods ;D ??? ) where posture(s) are liberally staged in order to access and retain 'energetic health' serving as a
template for wellness and fitness.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan