Hsing-I as a Medical Practice?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Hsing-I as a Medical Practice?

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:12 am

Got u now
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Re: Hsing-I as a Medical Practice?

Postby D_Glenn on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:54 pm

dspyrido wrote:
wayne hansen wrote:Peda?

Peda, paida, pedagong, paidagong, paida gong? Iron body. Not sure on the correct alliteration (my lack of skill in the chinese language domain) but in short the discipline of body impact conditioning and the associated mind-body-breath controls for it. D_Glen mentions it above.

D_Glen - not sure why you don't advise it. Anecdotally I think it's been a major contributor to a good bone density measure.

D_Glenn wrote: (Paida Gong - Patting and Hitting Exercise, is a good example to quickly get blood out but more time should be spent on the closing down part, which is often neglected and why it's not advised to practice in these later martial arts XYQ, Baguazhang.)

I think it's great, I neither am for it, or against, it's said in the past that it was XYQ and such, that looked at what is actually happening, and it was easy to compare to people who were practicing Tongbei Quan.

It's important to understand and know what's happening internally.

Long story short - paidagong develops the blood vessels but it doesn't really increase the veins in proportion to the vessels, and it's primarily the veins that are lined with smooth muscle tissue that can expand and contract.

So in YSB we do have a really detailed paidagong method but it's just supplemental to regular practice. It's great for injuries and doing when sick but it's not something that is practiced everyday.

拍 Pai (Pat) 打 Da (Hit/ strike) when one word 拍打 Pāi​dǎ (to Slap), but first you pat yourself with an open palm but could move onto hitting yourself with a hammerfist.

Last edited by D_Glenn on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan