Ma Jiangbao passed away

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Ma Jiangbao passed away

Postby Martin2 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:06 am

Yesterday Ma Jiangbao passed away.

R.I.P.
Martin2
Huajing

Re: Ma Jiangbao passed away

Postby Steve James on Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:42 am

Deepest condolences to his family, students and friends. R.I.P.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:21 am

R.I.P.
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby richardg6 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:11 am

So sorry to hear Ma Jianbao has passed. Condolences to all his family and students.
"stillness in movement"
richardg6
Santi

Postby origami_itto on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:59 am

A great loss.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby ppscat on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:33 am

Sad news. His tuei shou skills were really inspirational. RIP
ppscat
Anjing

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:57 am

My student Richard was his first non Chinese student in holland
He was teaching restaurant workers on a floating restaurant
Richard talks highly of him
VALE Master Ma
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Jarek on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:10 pm

R.I.P.
Jarek
Great Old One

Postby Martin2 on Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:52 pm

Thank you all.

Here soem questions and answers to remember him:

http://taichi-philosophy.blogspot.de/20 ... th-ma.html
Martin2
Huajing

Postby Martin2 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:23 am

A tribute to Ma Jiangbao from his brother Ma Hai Long in Shanghai

Obituary讣告
MA JIANGBO马江豹 1941—2016

With overwhelming sadness I wish to announce that, following a long illness my 3rd youngest brother, Ma Jiangbo, passed away in Rotterdam, Netherlands. I would like to share my memories of his long and eventful life which had its many ups and downs.

Our parents Wu Yinghua and Ma Yueliang thought very highly of his character, in particular his willingness and ability to help others.

He had a very fine singing voice and after graduating from High School he applied to the Shanghai Music College where he impressed the teachers with his musical abilities, but rather than continuing with a career in music, he entered the Medical College of Jiangxi province with a view to continuing the family’s medical tradition. However he was unable to complete his studies there due to the continuing after-effects of a carotid artery aneurysm.

At the age of eight under the guidance of our parents he had started to learn Wu Style Tai Chi and immediately showed great natural ability. Because of the discontinuation of his medical studies he was able to devote all of his efforts to Tai Ch and made great progress to the extent that, after the Chinese Cultural Revolution he often toured China with our parents giving Tai chi demonstrations where he would be paired with our father Ma Yueliang to perform pushing hands.

In the 1980’s my father was invited by his student Mr Ge Xianzhong, to go to Germany to demonstrate his art. Ma Jiangbo went with him and stayed on in Europe to promote the Wu family’s Tai Chi style in several countries, including the U.S.A., at the invitation of Mr Li Guangmin of the American White Panther Museum. He eventually established the Jian Quan Tai Chi Association E.U. Branch and the Netherlands Jian Quan Tai Chi Association becoming the Chairman of these organisations and personally teaching many tudi and other students. The family considered him to be an outstanding exponent of its 4th Generation Wu style Tai Chi Chuan.

In the coming days we must all treasure our memories of Ma Jiangbo and it is my hope that his last wish for the continuation of the work of the Associations, be fulfilled.

Ma Hailong, Chairman of the Shanghai Jian Quan Tai Chi Association China, October 24th 2016

讣告
悼念三弟马江豹!
三弟马江豹不孝于13/10/2016 凌晨,因病在荷兰逝世。噩息传来,使我悲痛欲绝!回忆他的一生,历历在目。江豹弟的一生经历了无数的坎坷。他从小性格善良,乐于助人,我的父母和亲友都很喜欢他。他有一个非常好嗓子,高中毕业后,他报考上海音乐学院,在复试中,得到多数教授的认可。后因家庭原因没有录取。进入江西医学院读书。后因颈动脉瘤发作而坠学。
马江豹八岁时随父母学拳,他的悟性很高,也比较聪明。我的父母对他寄托着很大的希望。尤其是他在坠学后, 学习更加刻苦,进步也很快。尤其是在文革结束后,他经常随我父母外出表演。和父亲做对手,表演推手。上世纪八十年代,我父亲应他的学生葛宪忠的邀请赴德国表演太极拳,马江豹随同前往。并留在德国、荷兰等国教拳 。他还应我们的师弟美国白豹馆馆长励光明的邀请赴美国讲学。并且先后成立鉴泉太极拳社欧洲分社、荷兰鉴泉太极拳社,自任社长,从学者甚众。马江豹是吴氏太极拳第四代中一位杰出的代表。
在为我们怀念马江豹不孝逝世的日子里,我希望马江豹的弟子和学生,要继承他的遗愿,继续把拳社维持好!继续在欧 洲为弘扬吴氏太极拳而努力!
上海鉴泉太极拳社 马海龙 24/10/2016
Martin2
Huajing

Postby Martin on Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:35 am

R.I.P.
Martin
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:26 am

Sorry for your loss.

May he rest in peace.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan