Where does the power come from in the internal arts?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Where does the power come from in the internal arts?

Postby Andy_S on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:47 pm

Is asking questions "trolling?" If so, it is not a problem - nobody is required to respond.

BTW, re this:
Fly free you magnificent fat bird!

My understanding is that the dodo was actually flightless. Do we have any experts on extinct birds of the southern hemisphere among us? This is a very important question.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby captainhindsight on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:59 pm

is that all you got?

pfft

wow

im sooo upset lol
Last edited by captainhindsight on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
captainhindsight

Postby captainhindsight on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:37 pm

This is how you/ you guys feel inside.

This is how I feel inside.

LOL
Last edited by captainhindsight on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
captainhindsight

Postby D_Glenn on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:26 pm

captainhindsight wrote:It seems to me the internal arts are the best at producing Fa Jing or refined explosive power. So what are they doing that other external arts are not doing?

蓄劲如开弓,发劲如放箭。
Xu jin ru kai gong, Fajin ru fang jian.
Building up power (jin) as if pulling back the string of a bow/ Drawing Open (開 Kai) the Bow, Emitting the power (Fajin) as if releasing the arrow.

曲中求直,蓄而后发。
Qu zhong qiu zhi, xu erhou fa.
As the straight is bent, or curved, Gathering (Power) then Emitting (Fa).

力由脊发,步随身换。
Li you ji fa, bu sui shen huan.
Power comes from the spinal column Emitting, the torso changes direction as it's moving with the stepping.

收即是放,连而不断。
Shou ji shi fang, Lian er bu duan.
[But, unlike the Bow and Arrow] Gathering quickly is releasing, they're linked together and can repeat unceasingly [Where the Arrow can only fire once].

往复须有折叠,进退须有转换。
Wangfu xu you Zhedie; Jintui xu you Zhuanhuan.
Going out and coming back must use 'Zhedie'. Entering and exiting must use 'Zhuanhuan'.

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:28 pm

captainhindsight wrote:Image

Posh Spice?

I'd still do her. :D

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:22 am

..."My understanding is that the dodo was actually flightless. .."
genuinely , yes...
BUT
may attend to fly _after the kick in the butt. Not to far however, unless he jetfarts to gain some distance -whip-
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve Rowe on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:22 am

captainhindsight wrote:It seems to me the internal arts are the best at producing Fa Jing or refined explosive power. So what are they doing that other external arts are not doing?

(No one seems to know)

Witchcraft, or in some countries, Voodoo.
If you see someone without a smile - give 'em one of yours...
Steve Rowe
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:20 pm

Andy_S wrote:Is asking questions "trolling?" If so, it is not a problem - nobody is required to respond.

Nothing at all wrong with asking questions. It's not answering questions asked of you, consistently, i.e. not engaging in an even remotely meaningful conversation, even over the answers to the questions you asked, -- that is the problem here.

Imagine someone walks up to you and ask for directions; you answer; they stand there doing nothing, looking at you for a minute, and then they turn to someone else and ask again for directions but to another place; they answer; rinse, repeat. If such behavior is not intentional, then we're talking a mild psychological disorder. If it is intentional (as I'm sure it is in this case), then it is pure unadulterated trolling, albeit (here) in a very mild form.
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:54 pm

How about "integrated musculoskeletal integrity" within the jibengong of specific art. Using the others' momentum within a continuum that would allow for you to 'borrow' and retuen back said momentum to throw or allow for said person to 'fall into emptiness" ;D ??? for a result to be realized 8-) Jus' sayin'
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:30 pm

Andy_S wrote:Is asking questions "trolling?" If so, it is not a problem - nobody is required to respond.

BTW, re this:
Fly free you magnificent fat bird!

My understanding is that the dodo was actually flightless. Do we have any experts on extinct birds of the southern hemisphere among us? This is a very important question.

Wit and interesting word phrasements in the English language will often utilize allusion and multiple entendre's.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:03 am

allen2saint wrote:
bailu wrote:Captainhindsight doesn't like to respond to questions - but likes to demand everyone else run around him:
http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums ... p?t=124084
http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums ... p?t=124083
I predict a similar pattern of behaviour here.. Don't hold out for a discussion with him/her.

Just want to say that is some masterful sleuthing. I never would have thought to look up a screen name.

It seems he is more of a vampire. Asking the questions and then letting the smarter, more experienced folk give up the goods.

I am starting to believe that we need more trolling in forums. And also that we sometimes should not stop them. In fact maybe it's the troll hunters who have ruined the discussion boards?

You see - This guy just revived the Martialartsplanet IMA board! It has been almost dead for so long time and see what happened! It's a fucking miracle and this "captain hindsight" is a bloody genius!

captainhindsight wrote:This is how I feel inside.

LOL

Good for you then... In my book, you might just have earned the privilege to feel that way. :) Now, please go and revive all of the other slumbering martial arts boards, but please stay away from tis well functioning community. :D
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:16 am

In hindsight, he wasn't really a captain. Sooty be praised!!
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:52 am

Dmitri wrote:In hindsight, he wasn't really a captain. Sooty be praised!!

He was a major. :D
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan